Meridian, the award-winning private aviation company based at Teterboro Airport, sent a full team of associates last week to Europe’s largest and most important business aviation trade show, European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). EBACE is jointly hosted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) and the European Business Aviation Association (EBAA). The event is held each year at Geneva’s Palexpo conference center and at Geneva International Airport. The 2014 show took place from May 20 to 22.
The Meridian Team represented many areas of the company, including Air Charter, Aircraft Management, FBO, Aircraft Maintenance and Marketing. Meridian was well-positioned with its central booth location, enabling the Team to better interact with longtime customers, industry colleagues, and to meet with new prospects who were introduced to our company for the first time. The Team handed out its iconic t-shirts, which helped spread the word of Meridian’s ability to directly handle incoming passengers from the US Customs facility at TEB.
“This year’s EBACE will be remembered as one of our strongest shows to date,” said EBAA CEO Fabio Gamba. “We are delighted with the level of business done, and with the excitement that characterized the event, not to mention all of the positive feedback we have received from exhibitors and attendees alike. Given the beautiful weather, the new single, contiguous exhibit floor layout and the enthusiasm among show participants, we have had a great EBACE2014.”
NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen agreed, adding: “We are very pleased that all indicators were up this year, and that EBACE continues to demonstrate its value as a premier venue for companies in the industry to give aviation decision-makers a first-hand look at their products and services.”
Here are some highlights from this year’s show:
– The number of EBACE2014 exhibitors in Palexpo Halls 4, 5 and 6 increased by 8 percent over last year’s exhibitor count.
– The number of booth spaces sold for EBACE2014 grew by more than 4 percent over the number for EBACE2013, giving this year’s EBACE its largest footprint ever.
– This year’s aircraft display was once again completely sold out.
– The show proved again to be an effective news-making venue for providers of business aviation products and services. On the “Media Day,” before EBACE2014 opened, a host of press conferences were held, and several aircraft manufacturers unveiled new aircraft models during the show.
– At the time EBACE2014 closed, attendance at the show was up by more than 7 percent over that for EBACE2013.
Next year’s EBACE, which will mark the 15th edition of the event, will return to Palexpo and Geneva International Airport from May 19 to 21, 2015.